Sunday, February 8, 2009

Progress
















Well, it's been a rocky start to my goal (what else is new???) I started out, guns blazing, planning to just plow right through my projects. But, of course, I quickly remembered that I hate deadlines (even self-imposed ones) which is obviously the main reason I never seem to do the last block in a block-of-the-month program. So I had halfway decided "screw it - I don't want to meet this goal, anyway" - but then I had a good talking-to to myself. Not carrying on with this yearlong plan would just be a cop-out, a lazy solution to my problems. And I'm tired of not following through with things so, what the heck, I actually finished something! Not just one thing, but two (and I'm even going to count it as three because I used one UFO for the back of another one.)

So here they are - my January offerings! The first is a Christmas block-of-the-month designed by Sue Garman - I love this quilt - can't believe I let it sit around unfinished for so long. I backed it with a flannel Christmas quilt top I made several years ago (I had actually forgotten I even had this one - typical!)

No comments: